top of page
External view 3D.png

History

dcaf93_6953b326b7f54f48b827054b18e683d1.webp

1911-1921

The Pentecost Church was created as a movement designed by God to "revive" dying and straying Churches. It goes back to the first outpouring of the Holy Spirit in Jerusalem on Pentecost day - 50 days after the resurrection of Jesus

1929

It came to Blackburn after a fire was kindled by Stephen Jeffries (brother of George Jeffries). He preached the gospel and healed the sick under the power and miraculous signs of the Holy Spirit

1930's - 1940's

The first buildings were bought within Blackburn to host the new church. One joined with Elim as Elim Church Incorporated under the leadership of Stanley Beresford.

The Beacon Elim Pentecostal Church was born!

1979

1980 - 2009

Since then, the Church has seen a roster of remarkable ministers, such as John Reeves Baker, George Wallace and Robert Clarke. Over these years, they saw the church grew to the size of about 200 people.

2009 -2018

Robert Clarke retired and the leadership was taken over by Simon Pastorello.

The Church underwent significant structural and cultural changes, including the adoption of its own charitable status and its distinct name: The Beacon.

2018 - 2023

In 2018, we set up our first Church plant in the estate of Shadsworth. We built relationships there, with the school, families and children. 

In 2020, we also embraced the digital age of church, in the wake of the pandemic and began livestreaming services.

Due to a redevelopment of Blackburn's town centre, our congregation was vacated and offered a plot of land at its current location on Park Road. 

It was only a few years later that Pastor Beresford retired. 

2023

Simon Pastorello left his role here and handed the reigns on to Emmanuel Ofosu as Pastor.

Today, we continue to follow God's guidance on where the church should go.

bottom of page